BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Syfy?

One of the pleasure of college is access to cable TV. Until I started college three years ago, I had never had more than ten channels. As I was reacquainting myself with the channels, I stopped on a commercial for the all new Syfy channel. I stared in horror at the screen. Syfy? Didn't they mean SciFi? Had some graphic designer infused with too much Red Bull made an error that had somehow managed to sneak by PR? No. It's just some new way to make SciFi more acceptable to the average viewer, take away the shifty pronunciations and the image as the station only geeks and nerds watch. Maybe it will be a good marketing move and other businesses will follow suit. Photographers can change their signs to market fotografy. Why not go to a groshery store? A resterant?Eat some soop, drink some cofy, and don't forget to tip the waytris on the way out.

Honestly, Syfy?

0 comments: