BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, February 27, 2010

The Inquisition

So, I'm waiting with baited breath for my family and friends to get here. I've been full of nervous energy all morning. The heater's going full bore, my room is as spotless as it's ever been. I feel like I'm showing my room, like I'm trying to make them buy into my happiness, make them realize that everything is okay.
Today is a stressful day for two reasons: 1. I got my hair cut incredibly short. 2. We're going shopping for bridesmaids' dresses. This wedding stuff is stressful enough when your maid of honor and your mother think you're going to hell. I have to go to a wedding shop where the people think my bridesmaids are actually my fiancee's bridesmaids because my fiancee didn't mention tell the salesgirl she was one of two brides in a same sex wedding ceremony. I guess I'll pretend I'm the wedding coordinator or something, unless Alyssa gets off of work in time.
I dislike having to explain myself every time I do something and I hate that I feel like I need to please my mom and sister when it comes to my hair. I love my little sister, but she's weird. She has double standards when it comes to her and me. I spent this morning digging through my drawers, trying to find the girliest shirt I own, because, God forbid, I look like a tomboy with my hair this short. I've had so many people come up to me and tell me that they really like my hair, people who have no obligation to lie to me and tell me that it looks good. I wish my family would just get over themselves. I'm pretty sure Michelle is going to gripe at me too. She also has weird standards at times.
I'm getting tenser as the time passes. I'm hungry and anxious. I feel like a 10 lbs of sausage stuffed into a 5lb casing because of the shirt I'm wearing. I'm sure they're going to complain about my weight and my hair and remind me that I'm not really getting married. I pray to God that there won't be any arguments or fights. If I'm lucky I'll find out that I've wound myself up for nothing.
We'll see how today goes.

0 comments: