BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Monday, February 22, 2010

Restart

Nothing is more aggravating then fighting with your sister because she threatens to beat you if you get your hair cut. First, she's younger than I am. Second, I'm 21 years old and not living in the same city she is. Third, it's my money. Fourth, it's my hair.
She has this unnatural fear that I'm going to turn into a man and, no matter how many times I assure her that I like my breasts and don't want a penis, she freaks out every time I do something she perceives as manly. She yells at me for not dressing girly enough and for not wearing makeup. I would like to point our that I've never, ever been girly. I've always been a tomboy. When I was five I threw a fit because my mom was making me wear a skirt to school. I've always liked jeans and tshirts and hats. I can count on one hand the number of times I've used makeup and they were all formal events. I haven't changed drastically in the last ten years. Ever since she found out I'm a lesbian, though, she freaks out of my tomboyishness. Worse than that, she accused me of doing things just to get attention. That hurt.
The truth is, I've always wanted a mohawk. I think they're cool. I like my hair shorter because I hate when it gets in my face and I hate having to pick it off of all of my clothes. I don't want to shave my head, so I figure a fauxhawk will be a nice compromise. If I look stupid, I look stupid, I'll wear a hat. If I look cool, more power to me. Either way, I've decided I'm getting my hair cut today. End of story. I'll post pictures when it's done.

0 comments: