BLOGGER TEMPLATES - TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Saturday, January 23, 2010

I thought

I was over these anxiety attacks, but apparently not.
My girlfriend is at a concert. I thought she was going with her mom, sister and aunt, but she went with her dad instead of her aunt. She messaged me during the break in the concert and as soon as I found out he was there, even though he couldn't hear me talking or anything, my heart sped up and I started to feel sick. Just the possibility that he could find out she was talking to me and react badly... I just clam up immediately.
It's sad, we're getting married in June. I shouldn't feel like I'm a bad teenager sneaking around, but I do. It's not okay, but I can't do anything about it.

1 comments:

Anna said...

You can do something about it.

Try looking at it another way. Yes, he handled things poorly and reacted in pretty much the worst possible way to the news of your relationship with his daughter.

But.

The fact that he is still interacting with her, even though he is aware of her sexual orientation, is a good sign.

He hasn't cut her off completely - I know that was a concern. This should give you hope that maybe, with time, he will stop being an asshole.